All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.54
- £9.51Trending at £10.01
- £2.70Trending at £2.73
- £8.69Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £7.48Trending at £8.25
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a strategic account of Supreme Court decision making. This title includes data culled from the Court's public records and from the private papers of Justices Brennan, Douglas, Marshall, and Powell that provide empirical evidence to support the central argument, while numerous examples from the justices' papers animate the work.
- Author BiographyLee Epstein is Ethan A.H. Shepley Distinguished University Professor at Washington University in St. Louis. She is also a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. A recipient of 12 grants from the National Science Foundation for her work on law and legal institutions, Epstein has authored or co-authored over 100 articles and essays, as well as 15 books, including The Choices Justices Make (co-authored with Jack Knight), which won the Pritchett Award for the Best Book on Law and Courts and the Lasting Contribution Award for making a lasting impression on the field of law and courts. The Constitutional Law for a Changing America series (co-authored with Thomas G. Walker) received the Teaching and Mentoring Award from the Law and Courts Section of the American Political Science Association. Her most recent books are The Behavior of Federal Judges, with William M. Landes and Richard A. Posner, and An Introduction to Empirical Legal Research, with Andrew D. Martin. Jack Knight is professor in the political science department, a fellow of the Center for Political Economy, and a member of the Committee on Social Thought and Analysis at Washington University. He is the author of Institutions and Social Conflict and co-editor of Explaining Social Institutions with Itai Sened.
- Author(s)Jack Knight,Lee J. Epstein
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- GenreNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.