All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Friedrich Schleiermacher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleT&T Clark Cornerstones
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight1253 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsNew preface by Paul T. Nimmo Introduction Ch.1: The Definition of Dogmatics 1. The Conception of the Church 2. The Diversities of Religious Communions in General 3. Presentation of Christianity in its Peculiar Essence 4. The Relation of Dogmatics to Christian Piety Ch.2: The Method of Dogmatics 1. The Selection of the Dogmatic Material 2. The Formation of the Dogmatic System First part of the System of Doctrine: First Section 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: Creation 3. First Appendix: The Angels 4. Second Appendix: The Devil 5. Second Doctrine: Preservation Second Section 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: God is Eternal 3. Second Doctrine: God is Omnipresent 4. Third Doctrine: God is Omnipotent 5. Fourth Doctrine: God is Omniscient 6. Appendix: Some other Divine Attributes Third Section 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: The Original Perfection of the World 3. Second Doctrine: The Original Perfection of Man Second Part of the System of Doctrine 1. Introduction First Aspect of the Antithesis: Explication of the Consciousness of Sin First Section: Sin as a State of Man 1. First Doctrine: Original Sin 2. Second Doctrine: Actual Sin Second Section: The Constitution of the World in Relation to Sin Third Section: The Divine Attributes which relate to the Consciousness of Sin 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: God is Holy 3. Second Doctrine: God is Just 4. Appendix: The Mercy of God Second Aspect of the Antithesis: Explication of the Consciousness of Grace 1. Introduction First Section: The State of the Christian as Conscious of the Divine Grace First Division: Christ 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: The Person of Christ 3. Second Doctrine: The Work of Christ Second Division: The Manner in which Fellowship with the Perfection and Blessedness of the Redeemer expresses itself in the Individual Soul 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: Regeneration 3. Second Doctrine: Sanctification Second Section: The Constitution of the World in relation to Redemption 1. Introduction First Division: The Origin of the Church 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: Election 3. Second Doctrine: The Communication of the Holy Spirit Second Division: The Subsistence of the Church alongside of the World 1. Introduction First Half: The Essential and Invariable Features of the Church 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: Holy Scripture 3. Second Doctrine: The Ministry of the Word of God 4. Third Doctrine: Baptism 5. Fourth Doctrine: The Lord's Supper 6. Fifth Doctrine: The Power of the Keys 7. Sixth Doctrine: Prayer in the Name of Christ Second Half: The Mutable Element Characteristic of the Church in Virtue of its Coexistence with the World 1. Introduction 2. First Doctrine: The Plurality of the Visible Churches in Relation to the Unity of the Visible 3. Second Doctrine: The Fallibility of the Visible Church in Relation to the Infallibility of the Invisible Third Division: The Consummation of the Church 1. Introduction 2. First Prophetic Doctrine: The Return of Christ 3. Second Prophetic Doctrine: The Resurrection of the Flesh 4. Third Prophetic Doctrine: The Last Judgment 5. Fourth Prophetic Doctrine: Eternal Blessedness 6. Appendix: On Eternal Damnation Third Section: The Divine Attributes which relate to Redemption Conclusion: The Divine Trinity Indexes
- Author BiographyFriedrich Schleiermacher (1786-1834) was a German theologian, philosopher, and biblical scholar known for his attempt to reconcile the criticisms of the Enlightenment with traditional Protestant Christianity. Paul T. Nimmo is Professor of Systematic Theology at the University of Aberdeen, UK.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £7.05Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.