All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLancashire in the early 1900s was a place of poverty and hardship, where singing was for church and life was for getting on with. But Clara Haydock's unbreakable spirit and passion for music made her shine against the bleakness of that life, for she knew that her destiny would lead her to love.
- Author BiographyMarie Joseph was born in Lancashire and was educated at Blackburn High School for Girls. Before her marriage she was in the Civil Service. She now lives in Middlesex with her husband, a retired chartered Engineer, and they have two married daughters and eight grandchildren. Marie Joseph began her writing career as a short-story writer and she now uses her Northern background to enrich her bestselling novels. Down-to-earth characters bring a vivid authenticity to her stories, which were written with both humour and poignancy. Her novel: A Better World Than This won the 1987 Romantic Novelist's Association Major Award.
- Author(s)Marie Joseph
- Date of Publication20/03/1986
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/04/1999
- Weight163 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.80Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.01
- £7.92Trending at £10.95
- £7.36Trending at £8.99
- £4.39Trending at £6.29
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.