All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaches us to appreciate the different varieties of clouds - the cumulus, nimbostratus and Morning Glory to name only a few - and all their beauties and significances, both meteorological and cultural. This book shows how to save in psychiatric bills by using the clouds as Rorschach images that reflect our state of mind as well as nature's moods.
- Author BiographyGavin Pretor Pinney is co-founder, with Tom Hodgkinson, of The Idler magazine and contributor to Crap Towns. As head, together with Tom, of Idle Industries, he has worked on creative development for clients including the Guardian and Channel 4. He has degrees in philosophy and graphic design from Oxford and St Martin's respectively, and in August 2004 became chairman and founder member of the Cloud Appreciation Society.
- PrizesShort-listed for Independent Booksellers' Week Book of the Year Award: Adults' Book of the Year 2007.
- Author(s)Gavin Pretor-Pinney
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication24/04/2006
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- Out-of-print date30/07/2009
- Content NoteBlack & white illustrations throughout
- Weight452 g
- Width136 mm
- Height28 mm
- Spine207 mm
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £10.96Trending at £11.98
- £7.59Trending at £7.81
- £12.84Trending at £14.77
- £8.00Trending at £8.84
- £8.12Trending at £8.63
- £9.60Trending at £11.98
- £7.66Trending at £10.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.