All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first ever edition of the collected verse of John, Lord Hervey, an eighteenth-century aristocrat, courtier, politician and poet.
- Author BiographyBill Overton (1946-2012) was Professor of Literature at Loughborough University. Publicly defining himself as a 'generalist', he published on nineteenth-century European novels, on Shakespeare and (increasingly after 1995) on eighteenth-century poetry. This edition of John, Lord Hervey's verse was his final work. Elaine Hobby is Professor of Seventeenth-Century Studies at Loughborough University. She has edited midwifery manuals, life-writings and religio-political pamphlets, and is currently working on an edition of the writings of Aphra Behn for Cambridge University Press. James McLaverty is Emeritus Professor of Textual Criticism at Keele University. Much of his work has focused on Hervey's great antagonist, Alexander Pope, and he is the co-editor, with Paddy Bullard, of Jonathan Swift and the Eighteenth-Century Book (Cambridge, 2013). He currently serves as one of the General Editors of The Cambridge Edition of the Works of Jonathan Swift.
- Author(s)John Lord Hervey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/11/2016
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus.
- Weight1280 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byBill Overton
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £9.99
- £12.50Trending at £13.42
- £6.72Trending at £6.84
- £7.85Trending at £8.02
- £8.44Trending at £11.71
- £11.41Trending at £17.98
- £4.57Trending at £4.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.