All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first translation into English of 'Le Systeme colonial devoile', the first systematic critique of colonialism ever written from the perspective of a colonized subject.
- Author BiographyBaron de Vastey was a man of letters in post-revolutionary Haiti. He wrote four major books between 1814 and 1819, along with a series of pamphlets, before being murdered in 1820. Chris Bongie is Professor and Queen's National Scholar at Queen's University, Canada. Previous publications include Friends and Enemies: The Scribal Politics of Post/Colonial Literature (LUP, 2008), Islands and Exiles: The Creole Identities of Post/Colonial Literature (Stanford UP, 1998) and Exotic Memories: Literature, Colonialism, and the Fin de siecle (Stanford UP, 1991).
- Author(s)Baron de Vastey
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £60.27
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £11.95Trending at £17.49
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.08
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £18.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.