All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a chronological account of the development of Western philosophical traditions. From Plato to Wittgenstein and from Aquinas to Heidegger, this volume provides historical analysis of the key figures, schools, and movements of Western philosophy. Each chapter also includes an introductory essay.
- Author BiographyRichard H. Popkin was professor emeritus, Washington University, St. Louis, and adjunct professor of philosophy and history at UCLA. He was the founding director of the International Archives of the History of Ideas, and president emeritus and founding editor of the Journal of the History of Philosophy. Among his many books are The Third Force in Seventeenth-Century Thought; The History of Skepticism from Erasmus to Spinoza; Introduction to Philosophy (with Avrum Stroll); and The High Road to Pyrrhonism.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight1446 g
- Width264 mm
- Height193 mm
- Edited byRichard H. Popkin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.07Trending at £45.03
- £19.32Trending at £27.54
- £7.86Trending at £8.29
- £9.50Trending at £10.77
- £8.62Trending at £17.08
- £13.91Trending at £19.02
- £19.20Trending at £30.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.