Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.22
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.98Trending at £25.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £27.75Trending at £48.19
- £10.46Trending at £14.24
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of its kind, devoted exclusively to the assessment of DNA damage by the Comet assay in modern toxicology.
- Author BiographyProfessor Alok Dhawan currently holds the position of Senior Assistant Director at the Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India. He was awarded the Young Scientist Medal in Biomedical Sciences by the Indian National Science Academy in 1993. He was also awarded with the coveted CSIR Young Scientist Award in Biological Sciences in 1999 by the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, India. The Indian Council of Medical Research also conferred its Shakuntala Amir Chand prize on Professor Dhawan for his contributions in the area of neuro- and geno- toxicology. He was elected as Vice President - Environmental Mutagen Society of India in 2006. He is also an elected fellow of the Society of Toxicology (India), and a member of various scientific societies in India as well as a member of the Asian Association of Environmental Mutagen Societies, Japan, and the United Kingdom Environmental Mutagen Society. Professor Diana Anderson currently holds the Established Chair at the Department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Bradford, UK and is Research Co-ordinator for the Department. In 1974, Professor Anderson was appointed as Head of Mutagenesis Studies at ICI's Central Toxicology Laboratory and she joined BIBRA International in 1981 as Head of Genetic and Reproductive Toxicology and became Assistant Director and Group Forum Co-ordinator in 1987. In 1992, she became Senior Associate and Co-ordinator of External Affairs at BIBRA. She has served on the editorial board of 8 international journals, has over 300 publications, has edited/authored 6 books and guest-edited 9 special issues of 4 international journals. She has been/is Series Editor of books in Current Toxicology for John Wiley and Sons and Issues in Toxicology for the Royal Society of Chemistry. As an active Committee member, she has been Vice-President of the Institute of Biology and is Chair of the Scientific Committee of the International Association of Environmental Mutagen Societies. New research laboratories in India and Korea have been established with her help under the auspices of the British Council and UNIDO. She has organised both national and international meetings and is/was a member of various national (e.g. MRC Advisory Board and Veterinary Products Committee) and international committees, including the European Union Scientific Committee for Animal Nutrition (SCAN) and is a consultant for many international organisations, such as the WHO, NATO, TWAS, UNIDO and the OECD.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication31/07/2009
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleIssues in Toxicology
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight850 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAlok Dhawan,Diana Anderson
- Series Edited byMike D. Waters,Tim Marrs
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.