All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Complete Indian Housekeeper and Cook (1888), Flora Annie Steel and her co-author Grace Gardiner give practical and highly opinionated advice to young memsahibs in India. Covering all aspects of household management from the duties of servants to recipes, the manual sheds fascinating light on the entire imperial experience.
- Author BiographyBoth authors were married to members of the Indian Civil Service and lived and travelled in India with their families for more than two decades. The senior partner, Flora Annie Steel took a strong interest in Indian life, learned to speak, read, and write Punjabi and committed to improving the lives of the local native women. She helped to establish schools and served on the Provincial Education Board. She also wrote stories for children and novels including her best-known novel on the Indian Mutiny, On the Face of the Waters.
- Author(s)F.A. Steel,G. Gardiner
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- GenreHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight280 g
- Width139 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnna Johnston,Ralph J. Crane
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £3.85Trending at £4.48
- £10.82Trending at £12.99
- £6.02Trending at £8.68
- £3.99Trending at £4.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.34
- £7.16Trending at £8.21
- £35.17Trending at £64.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.