All listings for this product
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.01
- £32.33Trending at £34.18
- £13.79Trending at £20.02
- £6.40Trending at £7.49
- £13.99Trending at £20.98
- £9.70Trending at £10.24
- £20.62Trending at £29.95
About this product
- DescriptionNow for the first time, the entire Old English poetic corpus is rendered into modern strong-stress, alliterative verse in a masterful translation by Craig Williamson. The Complete Old English Poems also features his essay on translation and noted medievalist Tom Shippey's introduction on the literary scope and vision of these timeless poems.
- Author BiographyCraig Williamson is Alfred H. and Peggi Bloom Professor of English Literature at Swarthmore College. He is author of A Feast of Creatures and Beowulf and Other Old English Poems, both available from the University of Pennsylvania Press. Tom Shippey is Professor Emeritus of English at Saint Louis University.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2017
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Middle Ages Series
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Weight1860 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Translated byCraig Williamson
- Introduction byTom Shippey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.