Consider these sponsored items
- £19.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOften overshadowed by the magnificence of his achievements as a visual artist is Michelangelo's devotion to poetry. Here is a collection of his poetic works translated to capture all the pathos, complexity, and ardor of both his language and his poetic temperament.
- Author Biography<b>John Frederick Nims</b> (1913-1999) was the author of eight books of poetry, including <i>Knowledge of the Evening, </i> which was nominated for a National Book Award. Among his many translations is <i>The Poems of Saint John of the Cross</i>, also published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Buonarroti Michelangelo
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2000
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note3 halftones
- Weight260 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byJohn Frederick Nims
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £5.10
- £20.99Trending at £22.40
- £5.10Trending at £9.93
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
- £7.05Trending at £9.93
- £30.68Trending at £40.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.