CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £21.99Trending at £32.96
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.48Trending at £15.94
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.88Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for those who seek to understand Roman culture and sexuality and the origins of Western poetry, this title provides the necessary historical and social background to the poet's life and works.
- Author BiographyRodney G. Dennis was Curator of Manuscripts at Houghton Library, Harvard University, from 1965 to 1991. A translator of both Classical and Renaissance Latin, he was a founding editor of Persephone as well as a lecturer in English at Harvard. Michael C. J. Putnam is MacMillan Professor of Classics and Professor of Comparative Literature emeritus at Brown University. His many other books include Virgil's Epic Designs and Horace's Carmen Saeculare , Poetic Interplay, and A Companion to Virgil's Aeneid and its Tradition. Julia Haig Gaisser Eugenia Chase Guild Professor Emerita in the Humanities and Professor Emerita of Latin at Bryn Mawr College. Her book The Fortunes of Apuleius and the Golden Ass won the 2009 Charles J. Goodwin Award of Merit, the highest award for a work of Classics, given by the American Philological Association. Her other books include Catullus in Englishand Pierio Valeriano on the Ill-fortune of Learned Men.
- Author(s)Albius Tibullus,Lygdamus,Sulpicia
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication08/06/2012
- Language(s)English & Latin
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight40 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byMichael C. J. Putnam,Rodney G. Dennis
- Introduction byJulia Haig Gaisser
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.