All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Gerard M. Hill
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- GenreComputing: General
- Series TitleESI International Project Management Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables
- Weight1156 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPRACTICE MANAGEMENT Project Management Methodology Project Environment Interface Concepts Business Environment Interface Concepts Project Management Methodology Activities across the PMO Continuum Project Management Methodology Function Model Establish Basis for Project Management Methodology Convene Methodology Development Team Prepare Methodology Deployment Strategy Examine Current Practices Develop Methodology Solution Identify Methodology Components Design Life Cycle Processes Develop Project Management Practices Introduce Methodology Platform Conduct Methodology Implementation Plan Methodology Implementation Plan Project Transition Conduct Methodology Training and Implementation Manage Methodology Maturity Evaluate Methodology Implementation Analyze Methodology Performance Manage Methodology Maintenance Postscript for the Smaller PMO Establish Simple, Critical Processes for Project Management Gain Increased Support for Process Expansion Expand and Incorporate Technical and Business Processes Project Management Tools Project Environment Interface Concepts Business Environment Interface Concepts Project Management Tools Activities across the PMO Continuum Project Management Tools Function Model Select Project Management Tools Identify the Need for Project Management Tools Examine General Types of Project Management Tools Assess Specific Project Management Tools Acquire Project Management Tools Implement Project Management Tools Plan Tool Implementation Plan Tool Transition Conduct Tool User Training Conduct Tool Implementation Evaluate Tool Performance Identify and Resolve Utilization Problems Identify and Resolve Functional Problems Assess Overall Tool Effectiveness Postscript for the Smaller PMO Standards and Metrics Project Environment Interface Concepts Business Environment Interface Concepts Standards and Metrics Activities across the PMO Continuum Standards and Metrics Function Model Implement Project Management Standards Examine Standards Sources Identify Applicable Standards Introduce Preferred Standards Conduct Benchmarking Determine Project Metrics Requirements Identify Process Management and Improvement Metrics Identify Project Performance Metrics Identify Business Management Metrics Introduce and Use Project Metrics Establish Metrics Measurement Plan Compare Metrics Performance Establish Corrective Actions Postscript for the Smaller PMO Project Knowledge Management Project Environment Interface Concepts Business Environment Interface Concepts Project Knowledge Management Activities across the PMO Continuum Project Knowledge Management Function Model Establish Knowledge Management Framework Information Management Document Management Process Management Collaboration Management Project Archive and Reference Library Management Introduce Knowledge Management System Conduct Installation and Establish Connectivity Perform Function and Feature Customization Introduce Project Knowledge Management Content Implement Knowledge Management System Develop PMIS Develop Executive Dashboard Construct Project Management Library Implement Online Project Collaboration Implement Other Knowledge Management Tools Postscript for the Smaller PMO INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT Project Governance Project Environment Interface Concepts Business Environment Interface Concepts Project Governance Activities across the PMO Continuum Project Governance Function Model Prepare and Maintain PMO Charter Define Business
- Author BiographyGerard Hill is the Principal of Hill Methods, LLC, and has more than 25 years experience in project management practice design and implementation, information systems integration, and business process engineering. His specialty is enabling businesses to gain and sustain a competitive edge through development and implementation of total-practice project management solutions. He has conceived and constructed processes and practices that have enabled Fortune 100 and other client organizations to realize maximum benefit from their investment in project management. Prior to introducing Hill Methods (formerly Hill Consulting Group), Mr. Hill was with ESI International, where he served as Vice President of Technical Services. His work included responsibility for international consulting programs, technical product design and development, and knowledge management. He also served as an instructor and frequent public forums speaker during his tenure with ESI. Mr. Hill, as an internationally recognized thought leader, has led or contributed to the design and development of project management methodologies currently deployed by organizations around the world. He is the architect of capability and maturity assessments for business and project management. He also has particular expertise in designing and developing practical Project Management Office (PMO) solutions. His recent work includes development of the new matrix-based ProjectPRISM Project Management Methodology, and this has been introduced in his new project management methodology publication. He has refined an approach to PMO design and implementation in a workshop based on the content of his PMO handbook publication. In recent years, Mr. Hill has chaired two annual and national scope Project Portfolio Management conferences in the United States. In 2008 he was an invited keynote speaker and presenter at two professional conferences in Milan, Italy; in 2009 he was a keynote speaker and presenter at the National PMI Project Management Meeting in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and at the Greece PMI Chapter Congress in Athens, Greece; and in 2010 he was an invited guest speaker at the PMI Poland Congress in Warsaw, Poland. He has also written articles published in professional journals around the world, and he has presented in webinars and at technical conferences and forums. Mr. Hill's broad competencies are based on an extensive educational background that includes a bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics (North Carolina State University), a master's degree in Human Resource Management/Organization Development (Pepperdine University), and completion of the Advanced Management Program for Executives (Duke University, Fuqua School of Business). Mr. Hill also holds a Master's Certificate in Project Management from The George Washington University, and he is certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute. Mr. Hill is the author of two books: The Complete Project Management Office Handbook, 2nd Edition (Auerbach Publications, 2007), and The Complete Project Management Methodology and Toolkit (CRC Press, 2010), which includes 96 tools on CD.
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £11.75Trending at £11.89
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £6.24Trending at £6.39
- £29.59Trending at £38.24
- £38.90Trending at £59.97
- £5.62Trending at £8.98
- £8.76Trending at £9.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.