All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £13.07Was:£15.99Free postage
- £13.03Was:£15.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionTechniques & tactics for stopping every shot --Cover.
- Author BiographyTim Mulqueen has been coaching goalkeepers at all levels since 1990 and is currently the goalkeeper coach with the United States national teams. He is also the goalkeeper instructor for the U.S. Soccer Federation A, B, and C licenses and has helped in the establishment and curriculum for the newly formed U.S. Soccer Federation goalkeeping license. Mulqueen was an assistant coach and goalkeeper coach for the United States at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. He has coached athletes who have gone on to achieve worldwide recognition, including England Premier League players Tim Howard, Kasey Keller, Marcus Hahnemann, and Brad Guzan. Before joining U.S. Soccer, Mulqueen coached in the MLS where he won the 2000 MLS Cup and Supporters Shield. While in the MLS, Tim coached Zach Thornton, who went on to win the 1998 Goalkeeper of the Year award. Tim also coached U.S. international goalkeeper Tony Meola when, in 2000, he became the only goalkeeper to win the MLS MVP Award, in addition to being named Goalkeeper of the Year. Mulqueen has coached in four Youth World Cups, two at the U-20 level and two at the U-17 level. He resides in Bradenton, Florida, with his wife, Kathleen, his son, Trevor, and daughter, Cate. Mike Woitalla is the executive editor of Soccer America, where he has worked since 1985. He has covered four World Cups for the magazine and has reported on soccer from 17 nations. His freelance articles have appeared in more than 30 media outlets in eight countries. Woitalla is a regular contributor to the British soccer monthly When Saturday Comes and has won six NSCAA Writing Contest awards as well as two Professional Soccer Reporters of America awards. He is the coauthor of former U.S. national team captain Claudio Reyna's book More Than Goals. Woitalla is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, where he was a member of the Golden Bears varsity soccer team. He currently coaches youth soccer and is married to Holly Kernan, a public radio producer, host, and reporter. They live in Oakland, California, with their daughter.
- Author(s)Michael Woitalla,Timothy Mulqueen
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note92 Halftones, black and white; 60 Illustrations, black and white
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18 to 99 years
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.