All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £12.50Trending at £13.30
- £7.30Trending at £9.99
- £6.72Trending at £6.82
- £6.78Trending at £8.99
- £8.44Trending at £11.69
- £7.52Trending at £9.97
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
About this product
- DescriptionVolume V of the Oxford English Texts Complete Works of Oscar Wilde, is the first volume of plays, bringing together The Duchess of Padua, privately published in 1883 and left unpublished until now; Wilde's Salome, written and published in French in 1893; and its first English translation, by Lord Alfred Douglas, which was published in 1894 .
- Author BiographyJoseph Donohue is Professor Emeritus of English at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, where he taught from 1971 to 2005. He is a theatre historian and editor and scholar of dramatic text, having divided his professional time equally between historical studies of the theatre and drama of the Romantic age and of the later period of Oscar Wilde and his contemporaries. Author and editor of books, articles, and reference works, he published a prize-winning annotated edition of the reconstructed first-production text of Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleComplete Works Oscar Wilde
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note1 black-and-white halftone
- Weight1070 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine67 mm
- Edited byJoseph Donohue
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.