Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £18.12Trending at £25.99
- £23.85Trending at £31.98
- £9.94Trending at £10.16
- £29.24Trending at £35.77
- £14.39Trending at £22.48
- £15.03Trending at £15.26
- £7.73Trending at £7.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting and accessible book takes us on a journey from the early days of computers to the cutting-edge research of the present day.
- Author BiographyTony Hey is Vice President of Microsoft Research and has published over 150 research papers on particle physics, computer science and multi-disciplinary eScience. He is the co-author, with Ian Aitchison, of the graduate textbook Gauge Theories in Particle Physics (4th edition) and co-editor of Richard Feynman's Lectures on Computation. He is also co-author of popular science books on quantum mechanics and relativity, The New Quantum Universe and Einstein's Mirror. Most recently, he co-edited The Fourth Paradigm, a book about eScience and the new era of data-intensive science. Gyuri Papay is a senior research fellow at the IT Innovations Centre at Southampton University, UK. His main research interests are high-performance computing, event simulation and numerical algorithms.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2015.
- Author(s)Gyuri Papay,Tony Hey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note596 colour illus. 20 tables
- Weight1043 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.