All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting and accessible book takes us on a journey from the early days of computers to the cutting-edge research of the present day.
- Author BiographyTony Hey is Vice President of Microsoft Research and has published over 150 research papers on particle physics, computer science and multi-disciplinary eScience. He is the co-author, with Ian Aitchison, of the graduate textbook Gauge Theories in Particle Physics (4th edition) and co-editor of Richard Feynman's Lectures on Computation. He is also co-author of popular science books on quantum mechanics and relativity, The New Quantum Universe and Einstein's Mirror. Most recently, he co-edited The Fourth Paradigm, a book about eScience and the new era of data-intensive science. Gyuri Papay is a senior research fellow at the IT Innovations Centre at Southampton University, UK. His main research interests are high-performance computing, event simulation and numerical algorithms.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2015.
- Author(s)Gyuri Papay,Tony Hey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note596 colour illus. 20 tables
- Weight840 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.