All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative dictionary provides coverage across the field of linguistics, both the theoretical and the practical. In over 3,250 entries it clearly defines terms relating to phonetics, grammar, semantics, languages (spoken and written), dialects, and sociolinguistics.
- Author BiographyPeter Matthews is Emeritus Professor of Linguistics at Cambridge University and a Fellow of St. John's College, Cambridge. His many publications include Inflectional Morphology (1972), Morphology (2nd ed. 1991), Generative Grammar and Linguistic Competence (1979), Syntax (1981), Grammatical Theory in the United States from Bloomfield to Chomsky (1993), A Short History of Structural Linguistics (2001), Syntactic Relations: A Critical Survey (2007), Linguistics: A Very Short Introduction (2003), and The Positions of Adjectives in English (2014).
- Author(s)P. H. Matthews
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note10 black & white figures
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.