CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Western imagination, the Middle Eastern harem was a place of sex, debauchery, slavery, miscegenation, power, riches, and sheer abandon. This book offers a glimpse into the lives of Muslim palace women of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. It explains the social structure of the nineteenth-century Ottoman palace harem.
- Author BiographyDouglas Scott Brookes holds a Ph.D. in Near Eastern Studies from the University of California, Berkeley, and teaches courses in Ottoman and Middle Eastern history and culture. He lives in Oakland, California.
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note28 b&w illus., 1 map
- Weight681 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.