All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Condensed Curriculum Guide is the official guide to the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) Curriculum for General Practice. It explains the knowledge, skills and attitudes that every doctor needs to become an effective general practitioner, and how to acquire them in everyday practice.
- Author BiographyDr Ben Riley FRCGP is a GP in Faringdon, in rural Oxfordshire. He is the current Medical Director of Curriculum at the Royal College of General Practitioners and a member of the Postgraduate Training and Professional Development Boards. In this role, and as joint lead writer of the case to enhance and extend GP training, he is responsible for developing the framework for career-long GP education and continuing professional development. As the College's e-learning director, he oversaw the creation of hundreds of modules, courses and publications for GPs, trainees and trainers. In 2012, Ben was awarded the RCGP Certificate of Commendation for his contribution to general practice. Dr Jayne Haynes MRCGP is a GP in a well-established training practice in the city centre of Oxford. She undertook her GP training on the Oxford Vocational Training Scheme before taking a senior registrar post in academic general practice. After working for a short spell in New Zealand, she returned to her practice in Oxford - initially as a salaried GP and now as a GP partner. She is involved in the everyday education of medical students, Foundation Year doctors and GP specialty trainees. She enjoys working as a generalist and has interests in student medicine and women's health. Prof. Steve Field CBE FRCGP is a GP at the Bellevue Medical Centre in inner-city Birmingham and the immediate past Chairman of Council, Royal College of General Practitioners. Steve is Chairman of the NHS Future Forum, which was launched by the Prime Minister in 2011 and the Deputy National Clinical Director (Health Inequalities) of the National Commissioning Board. He is currently leading a national consultation on the NHS Constitution and chairing the National Inclusion Health Board, which focuses on improving the health outcomes of vulnerable groups, including the homeless. He is Honorary Professor, Medical Education, at the University of Warwick, Honorary Professor in the School of Medicine at the University of Birmingham, and a member of faculty at the Harvard Macy Institute, Harvard University, in Boston, Massachusetts. Steve has published many books and papers on GP education and training, and, in 2010, was awarded the CBE for Services to Medicine.
- Author(s)Ben Riley,Jayne Haynes,Steve Field
- PublisherRoyal College of General Practitioners
- Date of Publication28/11/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal College of General Practitioners
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £26.03
- £137.64Trending at £151.99
- £42.34Trending at £46.00
- £39.38Trending at £45.89
- £25.99Trending at £26.79
- £10.33Trending at £11.38
- £112.24Trending at £170.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.