All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new translation the brilliant and impassioned descriptions of Augustine's colourful early life are conveyed to the English reader with accuracy and art. Augustine tells of his wrestlings to master his sexual drive, his rare ascent from a humble Algerian farm to the edge of the corridors of high power at the imperial court of Milan, and his renunciation of secular ambition and marriage as he recovered the faith that his mother had taught him. It was in a Milan garden that Augustine finally achieved the act of will to Christian conversion, which he compared to a lazy man in bed finally deciding it is time to get up and face the day.
- Author(s)Edmund Augustine
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2008
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight241 g
- Width196 mm
- Height129 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byHenry Chadwick
Most relevant reviews
- cadbury12_201218 May, 2017by
This book is value for money, translation is easy to understand its light weight and compact.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.