All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with how language users express and understand literal and metaphorical spatial meaning in language and through gesture and pointing. The research draws on data from textual investigation using corpora, as well as from experiments of various kinds, such as psycholinguistic experiments and eye-tracking.
- Author BiographyCarita Paradis is Professor of English Linguistics at the Centre for Languages and Literature at Lund University, Sweden. Her main research interests concern meaning in the broad sense. She specializes in lexical semantics and the modelling of meaning within the Cognitive Linguistics framework. She combines corpus methods and experimental methods in her work. Jean Hudson is Professor of English Linguistics at Malmo University, Sweden. The focus of her research efforts is on the empirical investigation of spontaneous speech data in the search for insights into the relationship between language and cognition. She is currently investigating prepositional usage within the general framework of construction grammar. Ulf Magnusson is Emeritus Professor of English at Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, and previously held posts as Professor of English and University Lecturer at Hogskolan Kristianstad, Sweden. Magnusson's interests are mainly in English lexicography, metaphor, and cognitive linguistics.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- Series TitleExplorations in Language and Space
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteFigures
- Weight692 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCarita Paradis,Jean Hudson,Ulf Magnusson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.