Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.24Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £34.21Trending at £37.48
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionWithout stigmatizing commercial activity, this book takes a philosophical and anthropological look at the universe of the gift, debt, and money in the West from ancient Greece to the present in order to examine how and why knowledge has long been assumed to be priceless.
- Author BiographyIn 2002, The Price of Truth was awarded the Grand Prize for Philosophy by the Academie Francaise and the Prize for Philosophy by the French Academy of Moral and Political Sciences. Marcel Henaff is Professor of Philosophy and Anthropology at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author of Sade, the Invention of the Libertine Body (1999), Levi-Strauss and the Making of Structural Anthropology (1998), and Public Space and Democracy (2001).
- Author(s)Marcel Henaff
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2010
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine712 mm
- Translated byJean-Louis Morhange
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.