Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.26Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Social and Political Thought
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byProfessor Michael Hviid Jacobsen
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Goffman Through the Looking Glass: From 'Classical' to Contemporary Goffman Michael Hviid Jacobsen. Dissecting Goffman 1. Goffman's Greenings Yves Winkin 2. Labelling Goffman: The Presentation and Appropriation of Erving Goffman in Academic Life Michael Hviid Jacobsen and Soren Kristiansen 3. Continuities in Goffman: The Interaction Order Peter K. Manning 4. Goffman's Textuality: Literary Sensibilities and Sociological Rhetorics Greg Smith and Michael Hviid Jacobsen 5. Goffman, Still: Spoiled Identities and Sociological Irony Charles Lemert. Reframing Goffman 6. Reconsidering Gender Advertisements: Performativity, Framing and Display Greg Smith 7. A New Goffman: Robert W. Fuller's Politics of Dignity Thomas J. Scheff 8. Recognition as Ritualised Reciprocation: The Interaction Order as a Realm of Recognition Michael Hviid Jacobsen 9. The Protean Goffman: Erving Goffman and the New Individualism Ann Branaman. Expanding Goffman 10. The 21st-Century Interaction Order Richard Jenkins 11. The 'Unboothed' Phone: Goffman and the Use of Mobile Communication Rich Ling 12. The Question of Calculation: Erving Goffman and the Pervasive Planning of Communication Espen Ytreberg 13. Goffman and the Tourist Gaze: A Performative Perspective on Tourism Mobilities Jonas Larsen 14. Erving Goffman and Everyday Life Mobility Ole B. Jensen 15. Close Strangers: Patient-Patient Interaction Rituals in Acute Care Hospitals Dag Album
- Author BiographyMichael Hviid Jacobsen is a Professor in the Department of Sociology, Social Work and Organisation at Aalborg University, Denmark.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.