All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £4.49Trending at £4.96
- £19.25Trending at £19.64
- £8.25Trending at £8.54
- £7.21Trending at £7.80
- £16.74Trending at £18.62
- £7.30Trending at £7.50
- £9.07Trending at £9.26
About this product
- DescriptionCompiled and edited by a recognized leader in the field and author of the best-selling text on content analysis of recent times.
- Author BiographyKlaus Krippendorff (PhD in Communication, University of Illinois, Urbana, 1967) is Professor of Communication and Gregory Bateson Term Professor for Cybernetics, Language, and Culture at the University of Pennsylvania's Annenberg School for Communication. Besides numerous publications in journals of communication, sociological methodology, cybernetics, and system theory, he authored Information Theory, Structural Models for Qualitative Data, a Dictionary of Cybernetics, edited Communication and Control in Society, and coedited The Analysis of Communication Content and Developments and Scientific Theories and Computer Techniques. Besides supporting various initiatives to develop content analysis techniques and continuing work on reliability measurement, Klaus Krippendorff's current interest is fourfold: With epistemology in mind, he inquires into how language brings forth reality. As a critical scholar, he explores the conditions of entrapment and liberation. As a second-order cybernetician, he plays with recursive constructions of self and others in conversations; and as designer, he attempts to move the meaning and human use of technological artifacts into the center of design considerations, causing a redesign of design - all of them exciting projects. Mary Angela Bock is a PhD Candidate at the University of Pennsylvania's Annenberg School for Communication studying with Dr. Krippendorff. She is a former television journalist whose career stretched from the Iowa presidential caucuses to the Lewinsky hearings to the events of September 11. She studies the impact of convergent technologies on photojournalism and television news within the constructivist paradigm. She has contributed to the Visual Communication Quarterly and has twice received honors for papers presented at conferences for the International Communication Association.
- Author(s)Dr. Klaus H. Krippendorff,Mary Angela Bock
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight748 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.