All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Robert I. Rotberg
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2017
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 halftone.
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Beating Back the Varieties of Brigandage 1 I The Nature of Corruption 16 II Measuring and Assessing Corrupt Behavior 50 III Strong Laws and Other Watchdogs 78 IV The Virtue of Anticorruption Investigative Commissions: Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia 109 V African Investigative Commissions: From Integrity to Interference 130 VI The Most Improved: Results 176 VII Nordic, Antipodean, and Other Exceptionalism: How Did Anticorruption Take Root? 197 VIII The Gift of Political Will and Leadership 223 IX People Power, Social Media, and Corporate Rigor 257 X Curing Corruption: Lessons, Methods, and Best Practices 290 XI What Works: The Anticorruption Program 310 A Research Note and Acknowledgments 313 Notes 319 Select Bibliography: Essential Readings on Corruption and Anticorruption 351 Index 365
- Author BiographyRobert I. Rotberg is founding director of the Program on Intrastate Conflict at the Harvard Kennedy School and president emeritus of the World Peace Foundation. His many books include Africa Emerges, Transformative Political Leadership, and When States Fail (Princeton). He is a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and former president of Lafayette College.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.99
- £32.33Trending at £34.08
- £13.79Trending at £19.95
- £13.99Trending at £20.99
- £23.44Trending at £39.99
- £9.70Trending at £10.23
- £9.43Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.