All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCo-founder of the RSPB, Sir Edward Grey was a passionate naturalist. Between 1895 and 1905 he made detailed nature notes at his cottage by a trout stream in Hampshire. The text of his cottage book forms the basis for this beautiful book, alongside specially commissioned watercolours, contemporary photographs, woodcuts and maps.
- Author BiographySir Edward Grey (1862-1933), 1st Viscount Grey of Fallodon, was Home Secretary between 1905 and 1916. In 1914 he said: 'The lamps are going out all over Europe; and we shall never see them lit again in our life time'.
- Author(s)Viscount Edward Grey of Fallodon
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Out-of-print date31/08/2005
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight863 g
- Width196 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Volume editorMichael Waterhouse
- Introduction byMichael Waterhouse
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.