Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- Author(s)Frederick Erickson,Jeffrey Schultz
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/1982
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsForeword by John J. Gumperz.Preface.Gatekeeping in Counseling: Processes of Social Selection in Face-to-Face Interaction:An Interview.The Interview as a Social Occasion.A Social and Cultural Ecology of Communication, Empathy, and Rapport.Conclusion.Social Identity and the Organization of Discourse in the Interviews:Basic Concepts.Discourse Organization as Definition of Situation.Through the Looking Glass: The Selective Revelation of Social Identity within the Encounter.The Encounter in Relation to the World Outside It.Research Methods and Procedures: An Overview:Some Principles for the Procedures.Converting Information from the Audiovisual Record into Data.Aspects of Social Organization in Communicative Performance:The Social Organization of Communicative Action.Social Steering at the Level of the Discourse Topic.Social Steering within and across Utterances--The Role of Rhythm in Conversational Cooperation.Discussion.Cultural Organization and Its Effects on the Social Organization of Performance:Cultural Organization in Communication.Cultural Difference and Interactional Rhythm.Cultural Difference and Conversational Cooperation during Explanations.Conclusions.Contrasts in Ways of Asking Questions and Telling Advice:Turning Point I--Discussion of Grades and Courses.Turning Point II--Discussion of the Student's Future GoalsTurning Point I--Advice about the Student's Future Goal.Conclusion.Overall Patterns and Summary Evidence:Overview of the Variables.Results.Some Implications for Practice and for Research:Review of Findings and Interpretations.The Interview as a Partially Bounded Encounter.Social Ecology and the Politics of Communicative Knowledge.Implications for Counseling Practice.Some Options for Institutional Change.Options for Counselor Education.Implications for Research in Interactional Sociolinguistics.Appendix A: Scoring Comemberhip Levels for the Interviews:Step I. Determining the Comembership Salience Profile for Each Counselor.Step II. Determing the Comembership Score for Each Interview.Appendix B: Equipment and Its Use in Filming and Recording.Appendix C: Examples of Summary Tables and Corresponding Examples of Transcripts.Appendix D: Descriptions of Uncomfortable Moments and Asymmetry Segments Coding and Procedures.References.Subject Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.