Consider these sponsored items
- £5.73Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1982, this new and enlarged edition covers the design, construction and care of steel boilers in general, with formulae and data used by firms of repute. Designs of three vertical boilers are included - the Sentinel, the Caradoc and a 3-inch scale version.
- Author BiographyJohn Haining gave up the family farm to serve an apprenticeship in steam when it was still the predominant source of power in the countryside. An apprentice's life was a hard one in those days but the hard work and strict training stood him in good stead and led on to further valuable experience gained in the drawing and design offices of Cammell Laird, Joseph the boilermakers of Hyde, and Sentinels of Shrewsbury. He died in 2005.
- Author(s)John Haining
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication01/10/1996
- GenreRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note44 scale plans & technical drawings; 8 b+w photos
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Transport
Save on Transport
- £16.47Trending at £22.37
- £7.58Trending at £8.13
- £10.99Trending at £13.72
- £29.42Trending at £50.00
- £13.40Trending at £20.01
- £31.19Trending at £35.61
- £21.69Trending at £35.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.