Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £19.89Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by the_book_i_want
- Est. delivery by 25 Sep
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s, Richard O'Barry enjoyed a lucrative career as a specialised animal trainer; he captured the five dolphins that were used in the popular television series FLIPPER, and taught them the tricks and special commands they used on the show. Four decades later, O'Barry has renounced his former life as a trainer and become an animal rights activist, speaking out against the hunting of aquatic mammals and keeping them in captivity. O'Barry is not welcome in Taiji, a town along the Japanese coast where hunting dolphins is a major part of the local economy, but he and a group of activist filmmakers made their way into the city as well as the carefully guarded harbour in hopes of documenting the abuse of dolphins by fisherman and the poisoning of the waters that has taken a toll on the marine ecology. O'Barry and his colleagues captured some beautiful underwater footage as well as shocking images of how the town's fisherman have sullied the dolphins and their habitat, and director Louie Psihoyos has used this material as the basis for the documentary THE COVE, which received its world premiere at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.
- Director 1Louie Psihoyos
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2010
- GenreDocumentaries & Biographies
- Additional GenreDocumentaries, General
- Running Time87 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- *vossellerfaeri...13 Oct, 2016by
Extremely entertaining and informative watch. Everyone needs to see this!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- vagisil6823 Apr, 2011by
Should be called the blood cove!
A documentary about how humans can be so cruel to this world! Would u sell your mother or a friend or relative for $150,000 dollars? According to Japan, thats what a dolphin costs! You get 10 dolphins and u r a millionaire! Shame on you! fantastic documentary! Well done! A must watch for people who want to know the truth! No BS! Excellent! I must warn you! u may cry and shed tears while watching the cove! or as I would have callled it " The blood cove!"
- marmosette1125 Feb, 2011by
Fantastically made with a strong, hard hitting message, documenting the horrors that happen in the town on Taiji - Japan. Worldwide impact and a must see for anyone who has, or is thinking about "Swimming with Dolphins".
- 65f9a6470ea42e6...25 Jan, 2011by
An eye opener
This is a hard hitting, stomach turning documentary. Eye opener to what the world is really like. Hope things chance, or our world will change for the worse.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £39.00Trending at £74.99
- £3.99Trending at £4.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
- £14.95Trending at £24.98
- £5.50Trending at £6.16
- £26.49Trending at £47.50
- £2.23Trending at £2.45