All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £26.44
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £28.07
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £23.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat kind of choices does a hardened criminal make? What belief systems are these choices based on? The Criminal Lifestyle approaches these questions by examining how various biological, sociological and psychological factors interact to bring about criminal behaviour. Walters develops a model of crime as a lifestyle and shows that this concept is historically, cross-nationally and empirically valid. This groundbreaking book will be of interest to psychologists and sociologists as well as criminologists.
- Author BiographyGlenn D. Walters received his Ph.D. at Texas Tech University in 1982 with a concentration in Counseling Psychology and a minor in Neuroscience. He is employed full-time as a psychologist in a correctional setting while also teaching courses, both graduate and undergraduate, as an Adjunct Professor at The Pennsylvania State University, Schuylkill, and Lehigh University. In addition to forensic psychology, he teaches abnormal psychology, psychological assessment, and developmental psychology. He has written two other books with SAGE: Drugs & Crime in Lifestyle Perspective (1994) and The Criminal Lifestyle: Patterns of Serious Criminal Conduct (1990). The present book is an outgrowth of the author's experiences teaching criminology and forensic psychology and the realization that crime is better understood once students appreciate the context of criminal development and desistance.
- Author(s)Glenn D. Walters
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1990
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.