Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the author's own experiences, this book presents the story of the crew of HMS Compass Rose, a corvette assigned to protect convoys in World War Two. It offers descriptions of agonizing U-boat hunts. It tells of ordinary, heroic men who had to face a brutal menace which would strike without warning from the deep.
- Author BiographyNicholas Monsarrat was born in Liverpool in 1910. At the beginning of the war he joined the RNVR as a sub-lieutenant and attained the rank of Lieutenant-Commander. He died in August 1979 and his ashes were later scattered over the sea.
- Author(s)Nicholas Monsarrat
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin World War II Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notemaps
- Weight308 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.01
- £7.92Trending at £10.95
- £7.36Trending at £8.99
- £4.39Trending at £6.29
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.