All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cultural Clash presents a fresh approach to the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882. Drawing on stunning evidence from newspapers and exciting currents in scholarship, Qin shows that Chinese native-place sentiment was responsible for almost all important features of Chinese community in the nineteenth-century America.
- Author BiographyYucheng Qin is associate professor of Asian history at the University of Hawaii-Hilo and the author of The Diplomacy of Nationalism: The Six Companies and China's Policy toward Exclusion, among others. He is also one of the winners of the 2012 University of Hawaii Board of Regents' Medal for Teaching Excellence.
- Author(s)Yucheng Qin
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication22/01/2016
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Note4 tables
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £15.75
- £22.55Trending at £22.96
- £28.65Trending at £29.99
- £19.77Trending at £21.61
- £25.68Trending at £27.85
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.