Consider these sponsored items
- £39.11Free postage
- £42.99Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £114.95Trending at £116.83
- £69.50Trending at £109.95
- £15.17Trending at £16.13
- £25.45Trending at £34.99
- £50.40Trending at £51.46
- £30.79Trending at £34.11
- £31.63Trending at £50.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating collection traces the secret characteristics and practices in Japanese religion and analyzes the decline of religious esotericism in Japan. The contributors examine the impact of Esoteric Buddhism on Japanese culture, exploring its centrality to Japan's 'culture of secrecy'.
- Author BiographyBernhard Scheid is a Research Fellow at the Institute for the Cultural and Intellectual History of Asia at the Austrian Academy of Sciences. Mark Teeuwen is Professor of Japanese Studies at the University of Oslo, Norway.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byBernhard Scheid,Mark Teeuwen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.