All listings for this product
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £5.24Trending at £6.08
- £12.38Trending at £15.18
- £6.81Trending at £8.97
- £6.98Trending at £8.98
- £7.52Trending at £8.39
- £6.66Trending at £8.98
- £7.42Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning English-language debut by Morocco's most prominent contemporary author, a linked story collection exploring what it means to be foreign.
- Author BiographyFouad Laroui was born in 1958 in Oujda, Morocco. After his studies in the Lycee Lyautey (Casablanca), he joined the prestigious Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussees (Paris, France), where he studied engineering. After having worked in the Office Cherifien des Phosphates company in Khouribga (Morocco), he moved to the United Kingdom where he spent several years in Cambridge and York. Later he obtained a PhD in economics and moved to Amsterdam where he is currently teaching econometrics and environmental science. In addition, he is devoted to writing. He is a literary chronicler for the weekly magazine Jeune Afrique and Economia Magazine, and the French-Moroccan radio Medi1. He has published over twenty novels and collections of short stories, poetry, and essays who lives between Amsterdam, Paris, and Casablanca. His novels have been shortlisted numerous times for the Prix Goncourt, France's most prestigious literary prize, and his latest novel was awarded the Grand Prix Jean Giorno. The Curious Case of Doussakine's Trousers won Laroui his first Prix Goncourt for short stories. Emma Ramadan is a graduate of Brown University, received her Master's in Cultural Translation from the American University of Paris, and recently completed a Fulbright Fellowship for literary translation in Morocco. Her translation of Anne Garreta's Sphinx was published by Deep Vellum in spring 2015, and her translation of Anne Parian's Monospace is forthcoming from La Presse in fall 2015.
- Author(s)Fouad Laroui
- PublisherDeep Vellum Publishing
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeep Vellum Publishing
- Weight185 g
- Width134 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byEmma Ramadan
- Introduction byLaila Lalami
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.