All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a vivid record, in words, illustrations and working diagrams, of a section of women's clothing design from 1600 to 1930. The author was in charge of costume at the Theatre Studio run by Michel Saint-Denis in the 1930s.
- Author BiographyNorah Waugh lectured and supervised practical work on historical costume in the Theatre Department of the Central School of Art and Design in London. In the late 1930s she was in charge of costume at the London Theatre Studio run by Michel Saint-Denis.
- Author(s)Norah Waugh
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication18/07/1994
- GenreFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Notea colour plate and 58 black and white plates and many drawings
- Weight1259 g
- Width224 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Most relevant reviews
- gillymv04 Sep, 2017by
Exellent resource book! Great read!
The Cut of Womens Clothes is a fantastic book! Full of great patterns and compelling information on dress of the time, as well as personal letters etc discussing dress. My only complaint is that more modern reproductions of this book do not contain the same quality of print for the photographs and prints. The pictures are not as sharp and as full of contrast. This has no bearing upon the rest of the book, or the clothes patterns, which are just the same. I recommend this book to seamstresses and anyone interested in fashion and history.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.95Trending at £3.05
- £6.99Trending at £8.76
- £13.83Trending at £18.95
- £17.11Trending at £25.20
- £7.80Trending at £11.77
- £17.02Trending at £17.84