All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlan Grofield has a knack for attracting damsels in distress. When Ellen Marie Fitzgerald comes in through his window, he dismisses the tale she tells him, until hoods come to find her, and their escape route from political intrigue may well be their last!
- Author BiographyDonald E. Westlake is one of the greats of crime fiction. Under the pseudonym Richard Stark, he wrote twenty-four fast-paced, hardboiled novels featuring Parker, a shrewd career criminal with a talent for heists. Using the same nom de plume, Westlake also completed a separate series in the Parker universe, starring Alan Grofield, an occasional colleague of Parker. While he shares events and characters with several Parker novels, Grofield is less calculating and more hot-blooded than Parker; think fewer guns, more dames. Not that there isn t violence and adventure aplenty. The Damsel begins directly after the Parker novel The Handle. Following a wounded Grofield and his gal on a scenic, action-packed road trip from Mexico City to Acapulco, The Damsel is full of wit, adrenaline, and political intrigue. With a new foreword by Sarah Weinman that situates the Grofield series within Westlake s work as a whole, this novel is an exciting addition to any crime fiction fan s library.
- Author(s)Richard Stark
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition StatementRevised ed.
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £2.81Trending at £3.57
- £4.13Trending at £7.99
- £5.00Trending at £8.01
- £4.57Trending at £8.99
- £4.79Trending at £8.99
- £9.45Trending at £12.98
- £4.79Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.