All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The Darkened Room' looks at the central role played by women as healers, mediums, and believers in the golden age of spiritualism in the late Victorian period. In so doing she provides new insights into the gender dynamics of Victorian society.
- Author BiographyAlex Owen is a professor of history and gender studies at Northwestern University. She is the author of The Place of Enchantment, also published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Alex Owen
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteillustrations, bibliographical references , index
- Weight464 g
- Width140 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £109.95
- £15.92Trending at £20.29
- £23.12Trending at £32.19
- £10.25Trending at £16.03
- £11.90Trending at £16.15
- £11.18Trending at £13.74
- £11.30Trending at £12.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.