All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.93
- £4.66Trending at £4.86
- £4.77Trending at £4.91
- £9.50Trending at £10.58
- £4.77Trending at £5.38
- £4.59Trending at £5.58
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most celebrated thrillers ever written, The Day of the Jackal created a new thriller genre. It is the electrifying story of an anonymous Englishman who in, the spring of 1963, was hired by Colonel Marc Rodin, Operations Chief of the OAS, to assassinate General de Gaulle.
- Author BiographyAt the age of 19, Frederick Forsyth became the youngest pilot in the Royal Air Force, but then decided to follow a journalistic career as 'it was the only job that might enable me to travel and keep more or less my own hours.' After three years as a provincial reporter, he joined Reuters and spent the next four years in Europe. In 1965 he joined the BBC and was sent to Biafra to cover the war that was raging in Nigeria. In 1969 he decided to use his experience as a Reuter's reporter in France during the period when an assassination attempt was made on the President, General De Gaulle as the basis for a thriller. Within 35 days he completed The Day of the Jackal, which established him as one of the world's leading thriller writers. To date it has sold in the region of 10 million copies. Since then he has written over fifteen bestselling thrillers, all with an international and political setting. Frederick Forsyth is married and lives in Hertfordshire. His interests include swimming, scuba-diving, game-fishing, travelling and reading. He was awarded a CBE in 1997 and was presented with the Crime Writers' Association premier award, the Diamond Dagger, for his remarkable body of work in 2012.
- Author(s)Frederick Forsyth
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Out-of-print date31/03/2017
- Weight265 g
- Width98 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.