All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA pairing of Tolstoy's most spiritual and existential works of fiction and nonfiction from the renowned translator of Turgenev and Chekhov.
- Author BiographyLeo Tolstoy (1828-1910), a giant of world literature, is the author of many classics, including War and Peace and Anna Karenina. Peter Carson (1938-2013) was the editor in chief of Penguin UK and Profile Books and the translator of Fathers and Sons by Turgenev and the plays of Anton Chekhov. He lived in London until his death. A professor of classics at Cambridge University, Mary Beard is the author of the best-selling The Fires of Vesuvius and the National Book Critics Circle Award-nominated Confronting the Classics. A popular blogger and television personality, Beard gave the Mellon Lectures at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, and is a regular contributor to the New York Review of Books. She lives in England.
- Author(s)Leo Tolstoy
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Weight190 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byPeter Carson
- Introduction byMary Beard
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.59Trending at £6.98
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £7.92Trending at £10.96
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £4.39Trending at £6.98
- £6.27Trending at £7.99
- £5.46Trending at £10.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.