CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
The Defocusing Nonlinear Schrodinger Equation: From Dark Solitons to Vortices and Vortex Rings by Dimitri J. Frantzeskakis, Ricardo Carretero-Gonzalez, Panayotis G. Kevrekidis (Paperback, 2015)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionA broad study of nonlinear excitations in self-defocusing nonlinear media. This book summarizes state-of-the-art knowledge on the defocusing nonlinear Schrodinger-type models in a single volume and contains a wealth of resources, including over 800 references to relevant articles and monographs and a meticulous index for ease of navigation.
- Author BiographyP. G. Kevrekidis is a Professor at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He has authored over 450 publications and co-authored/edited five books. He is a Fellow of the APS and a Stanislaw M. Ulam Fellow at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and he is a recipient of a Humboldt Fellowship, an NSF-CAREER award, the J. D. Crawford Prize in Dynamical Systems, and the Stephanos Pnevmatikos Prize for Research in Nonlinear Phenomena, among others. D. J. Frantzeskakis is a Professor in the Department of Physics at the University of Athens, Greece. His research interests include nonlinear waves and solitons, with applications in various physical contexts. He has supervised seven PhD theses, has co-organized several international symposia, and was a guest editor of two international journals. He has authored or co-authored more than 200 peer-reviewed publications, including four invited review papers, and he has co-edited four books. R. Carretero-Gonzalez is a Professor of Applied Mathematics at San Diego State University (SDSU). His research focuses on spatio-temporal dynamical systems, nonlinear waves, and their applications. He is the co-founder and co-director of the Nonlinear Dynamical Systems (NLDS) group at SDSU. He has received multiple NSF grants and has published more than 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts, including three co-authored/edited books. He is an active advocate of the dissemination of science, continuously delivers engaging presentations at local high schools and science festivals, and helps design museum exhibits.
- Author(s)Dimitri J. Frantzeskakis,Panayotis G. Kevrekidis,Ricardo Carretero-Gonzalez
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight910 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.