CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £5.54Trending at £5.60
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated through dozens of examples and discussion of application to small and medium-sized businesses and not-for-profits, this book presents a fundamentally new approach to corporate strategy, focused on the customer, not competitors.
- Author BiographyArnoldo C. Hax is the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Management Emeritus at the Sloan School of Management of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He served as Deputy Dean of the Sloan School from 1987 through 1990. During his career at Sloan School, Professor Hax has been the Chairman of the Strategy Group, the Program for Senior Executives, and the Sloan Fellows Program at MIT. Dr. Hax is a native of Chile, where he received his undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering, with highest honors. Subsequently, he received his M.S. at the University of Michigan, and his Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley. Prior to joining M.I.T. in 1972, he was a member of the faculty at the Harvard Business School, and a senior consultant for Arthur D. Little, Inc. He has published extensively in the fields of strategic management, management control, operations management, and operations research. He has authored and coauthored nine books and some one hundred journal articles. An accomplished teacher, he won the Salgo Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Sloan School of Management. He has participated in a great many executive programs at M.I.T., in many U.S. universities and corporations, and in most countries in Europe and Latin America, as well as Japan, China, and the former U.S.S.R. He has a wide consulting experience, specializing in the development of formal strategic planning processes. His corporate clients include: Advanced Micro Devices, Eastman Chemical, Merck, EDS, Saturn, Coca-Cola, Digital Equipment Corporation, Motorola, General Motors, Citibank, Prime Computer, Searle, Analog Devices, Westinghouse Electric, Unilever, 3M, and Brown Boveri (Switzerland). His books include: The Delta Project: Discovering New Sources of Profitability, coauthored with Dean Wilde (Palgrave, 2001); Strategic Management: An Integrative Perspective: An Integrative Perspective (Prentice-Hall, 1984) and The Strategy Concept and Process: A Pragmatic Approach (Prentice-Hall, 1995), both coauthored with Nicolas Majluf; Production and Inventory Management, coauthored with Dan Candea (Prentice-Hall, 1983), which received the Institute of Industrial Engineers-Joint Publishers Book-of-the-Year Award; Applied Mathematical Programming, coauthored with Stephen Bradley and Thomas Magnanti (Addison-Wesley, 1977); and he edited Readings in Strategic Management (Ballinger, 1984) and Planning Strategies That Work (Oxford, 1987). He contributed a chapter on corporate strategy, with Nicolas Majluf, to the Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, 2/e (Gass and Harris, eds., Kluwer/Springer, 2001). He is Strategic Management Editor for Interfaces, and former editor of Operations Research and Naval Research Logistics Quarterly. He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Manufacturing and Operations Research and the Journal of High Technology Management Research. Dr. Hax has been granted from the Catholic University of Chile an Honorary Doctorate Degree. He has also been granted a Doctor Honoris Causa from the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid. He has been awarded the Ramon Salas Edwards Award by the Chilean Engineering Institute, an award given every three years to the best research contribution across all fields of science and technology. He has been granted a Dean's Award for Excellence at the Sloan School of Management. M.I.T. He has been listed in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in American Education, Who's Who in the World, and Who's Who in Science and Technology.
- Author(s)Arnoldo C. Hax
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2014
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note70 black & white tables, biography
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.