All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew in paperback: explaining the connection between Maxwell's Demon and the role of the observer. The authors offer insight which will fascinate both scientists and lay persons. Mathematical formulae have been removed and replaced by a history of famous Erwin Schrodinger.
- Author BiographyMarlan O. Scully holds joint appointments at Texas A&M and Princeton Universities. He is a member of the National Academy of Science and the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft. During the course of his life work on the foundations and applications of quantum mechanics, he has come to know many of the pioneers in the field and has collected biographical material on them, which R. Scully has woven into this book. Robert J. Scully is a heavy equipment diesel mechanic living and working in Irving, Texas, where he is employed by the Caterpillar Corporation. His academic connections include the University of New Mexico and the University of Texas at Dallas. He was a tank diesel mechanic in the marine corps from 1988 to 1993. Robert Scully writes biographies for the National Academy of Sciences, including one on William Hewlett of the Hewlett Packard Corporation and one on quantum physicist Leonard Mandel.
- Author(s)Marlan O. Scully,Robert J. Scully
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication06/10/2010
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight436 g
- Width142 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.