Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.30
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.43
- £8.01Trending at £12.04
- £8.99Trending at £9.30
- £5.52Trending at £6.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an introductory text on the development of Buddhism, from the life of the historical Buddha to the present day. It introduces the main branches of Buddhism and explores its geographical spread, philosophy, ethical and political implications, and contemporary reinterpretations as well as focusing on the role of women in the tradition.
- Author BiographyCarl Olson is a professor of religious studies at Allegheny College. His numerous books include Zen and the Art of Postmodern Philosophy: Two Paths of Liberation from the Representational Mode of Thinking and Indian Philosophers and Postmodern Thinkers: Dialogues on the Margins of Culture.
- Author(s)Carl Olson
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2005
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note29 b&w photographs, 2 maps
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.