Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £36.18
- £17.89Trending at £22.50
- £22.88Trending at £27.89
- £6.01Trending at £6.95
- £56.74Trending at £69.00
- £16.28Trending at £20.35
- £18.23Trending at £19.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhere is the Information Society headed? Improve your understanding of the promises and challenges that await our high--tech world with this provocative look at the future of telecommunications technology soundly based on todaya s current applications and research.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors... Roberto Saracco is director of marketing and communications at CSELT, the research lab of the Telecom Italia Group. Mr. Saracco has chaired the European Visionary Research Group on the Super Intelligent Network, which designed goals for research beyond the year 2000. He also chaired the CNOM and EntNtet Technical Committee for the IEEE Communications Society, and since 1998 has served as the Societya s secretary of the Technical Affairs Council. Jeffrey R. Harrow is a senior consulting engineer for Compaqa s Technology and Corporate Development Organization. Mr. Harrow writes a weekly technology journal, The Rapidly Changing Face of Computing, which is available on the Web at www.compaq.com/rcfoc, and which explores the innovations and trends of contemporary computing and the technologies that drive them. He also shares seminars on the subject with audiences worldwide. Robert Weihmayer is director of Information Technology for Enterprise Systems at GTE Internetworking in Cambridge, MA. Mr. Weihmayer is the author of over 20 technical papers in the area of combinatorial optimization and artificial intelligence applied to telecommunications network design, planning, and management. Currently, he is cochair of the Technical Program Committee for NOMS 2000, the IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium.
- Author(s)Jeff Harrow,Robert Saracco,Robert Weihmayer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width192 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byNicholas Negropont
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.