All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £32.11Trending at £34.19
- £14.70Trending at £16.00
- £20.87Trending at £24.29
- £23.91Trending at £29.95
- £11.70Trending at £14.68
- £10.97Trending at £15.01
- £8.59Trending at £12.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhen insulin was discovered in the early 1920s, even jaded professionals marveled at how it brought starved, sometimes comatose diabetics back to life. This title offers a range of material, from the memoirs of scientists to the appraisals of insulin by members of the Nobel Committee.
- Author BiographyMichael Bliss is University Professor Emeritus at the University of Toronto, a recipient of the Order of Canada, and an honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He is the award-winning author of many books, including William Osler: A Life in Medicine and Harvey Cushing: A Life in Surgery.
- Author(s)Michael Bliss
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2007
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note34 halftones
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementTwenty-fifth anniversary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.