All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite its significance in the history of Spanish colonialism, the Dominican Republic is familiar to most outsiders through only a few elements of its past and culture. This book provides an introduction to the history, politics, and culture of the country from precolonial times into the early twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyEric Paul Roorda is Professor of History at Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky. He is the author of The Dictator Next Door: The Good Neighbor Policy and the Trujillo Regime in the Dominican Republic, 1930-1945, published by Duke University Press.Lauren Derby is Associate Professor of History at the University of California, Los Angeles. She is the author of The Dictator's Seduction: Politics and the Popular Imagination in the Era of Trujillo, also published by Duke University Press.Raymundo Gonzalez is a researcher at the Dominican National Archives and Social Science Coordinator for the Dominican Ministry of Education. He teaches at the Universidad Iberoamericana and the Instituto Filosofico Pedro Francisco Bono, both in Santo Domingo.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Latin America Readers
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note85 illustrations, incl. 10 in color
- Weight789 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byEric Paul Roorda,Lauren Derby,Raymundo Gonzalez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £22.56
- £9.83Trending at £13.40
- £24.81Trending at £27.61
- £40.35Trending at £41.36
- £19.77Trending at £20.04
- £30.00Trending at £43.25
- £18.67Trending at £19.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.