All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.96Trending at £24.46
- £17.29Trending at £28.05
- £23.56Trending at £40.08
- £11.91Trending at £20.03
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.51
- £17.28Trending at £22.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dragon in the Cockpit enhances the mutual understanding between Western aviation human-factors practitioners and the Chinese aviation community by describing some of the fundamental Chinese cultural characteristics pertinent to the field of flight safety.
- Author BiographyDr Hung-Sying Jing is Professor of the Institute of Civil Aviation at the National Cheng Kung University in Taiwan, Republic of China. He serves as an editorial board member for the Aviation Psychology and Applied Human Factors Journal and also Taiwan's Science Monthly. He holds visiting professorships at Airbus Industries, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Xiamen University in China. He is the author of numerous articles in applied mechanics and also several books in Taiwan. Dr Jing received his PhD from the Ohio State University in 1985. His specialties are aviation human factors and culture in flight safety. Dr Allen Batteau is a cultural anthropologist and former director of Wayne State University's Institute for Information Technology and Culture. He is the author of The Anthropology of Aviation and Flight Safety (Human Organization), Anthropological Approaches to Culture, Aviation, and Flight Safety (Human Factors in Aerospace Safety), and numerous other books and articles, most recently including Technology and Culture (Waveland Press, 2010). A certified private pilot, his research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, the National Aeronautic and Space Administration, and numerous other international and corporate bodies. He is a graduate of the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Allen W. Batteau,Hung-Sying Jing
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- GenreTransport Technology
- Series TitleAshgate Studies in Human Factors for Flight Operations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 40 b&w illustrations
- Weight564 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Sidney Dekker,Dr. R. Key Dismukes,Captain Daniel E. Maurino
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.