Best-selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £88.92Trending at £135.20
- £13.34Trending at £20.95
- £13.12Trending at £15.20
- £12.99Trending at £16.96
- £11.79Trending at £13.01
- £5.77Trending at £7.01
- £7.17Trending at £9.96
About this product
- DescriptionAll the guidance you need to create beautiful clothes, whether following a pattern, adding embellishments, or starting from scratch.
- Author BiographyLorna Knight specialized in textiles at Queen Margaret University College in Edinburgh. After working as a designer's assistant, she spent ten years teaching Design and Technology in middle schools in the UK before setting up a business designing and making lingerie and running workshops teaching a wide range of sewing skills. She continues to run workshops which involve passing on hints and tips from both the couture and high street fashion worlds, enabling her students to create their own garments and projects. Lorna also writes regularly for Sewing World magazines and has contributed to many sewing books and other fashion sewing publications.
- Author(s)Lorna Knight
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication31/10/2008
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Out-of-print date28/11/2014
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight681 g
- Width164 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine28 mm
Most relevant reviews
- shaunandcas04 Jul, 2014by
Basic but clear.
Good book for basic instructions in dressmaking. Probably no good if you already have experience but all the instructions are clear and well illustrated.
- jonealpha04 Feb, 2014by
I bought this for my girlfriend and she was delighted with it.It arrived in good time and i would recommend to a friend.Lots of great tips if you are into making clothes.
- wartime-wonders03 Jan, 2014by
Fantastic product and the price is great too.
Great product to buy for both beginner seamstresses to the experienced too. So useful especially for fashion students too, and is very helpful for your course.