All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £6.99Trending at £10.33
- £16.82Trending at £24.07
- £10.30Trending at £15.03
- £4.06Trending at £7.32
- £13.95Trending at £19.09
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
About this product
- DescriptionFinally, he examines the relation of the Dreyfus Affair to the culture of forcethat marked French society during the prewar years, thus accounting for the rise of the youthful athlete as a more compelling manly ideal than the bookish and sedentary intellectual.
- Author BiographyChristopher E. Forth is the Howard Professor of Humanities & Western Civilization at the University of Kansas. He is the author of Zarathustra in Paris: The Nietzsche Vogue in France, 1891-1918 (2001) and Masculinity in the Modern West: Gender, Civilization and the Body (2008).
- Author(s)Christopher E. Forth
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note20 Halftones, black and white
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.